Sometimes, the reasons by themselves are good enough. Here are those top 10 reasons in no particular order.
- Because I said so.
- Because [insert your preferred celestial being here] wills it.
- Because [insert your preferred demonic being here] made me do it.
- You’re not the boss of me! I don’t need a reason! [this is an acceptable reason for any child under the age of 10].
- It seemed like a good idea at the time.
- I figured he was already dead, so … yeah.
- [We do not like over trodden clichés, but this list has a life of its own] “If I told you, I’d have to kill you.” [That was funny the first time every one of us heard it, but it’s been annoying ever since].
- Experts say … [whatever you want goes here, because when “experts say…” it doesn’t matter what the reason is — it’s golden.]
- It’s tradition. You cannot escape tradition.
- Your mama.
Bonus reason: Evidently, “because it was there” is a valid response to every query.